The Philippine National Police Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group (PNP IMEG) celebrated its 4th Founding Anniversary Celebration on March 28, 2023 with the theme, “Malasakit para sa Maayos at Disiplinadong Hanay ng Kapulisan Tungo sa Mapayapa at Maunlad na Pamayanan” together with the Chief, PNP, PGEN RODOLFO S AZURIN, JR represented by the Acting Deputy Chief, PNP for Operations, PMGEN JONNEL C ESTOMO, as the Guest of Honor and Speaker held at Kalayaan Hall 3, Club Filipino, Greenhills,- San Juan City.
During the aforesaid celebration, the Group’s accomplishments in line with the PNP’s internal cleansing efforts were highlighted. Due recognition was also given to the outstanding IMEG personnel for their meritorious performance as a fitting reward to the outstanding services they have rendered. Awardees for the Major Awards were:
- PLTCOL CHERRY M FAJARDO, Acting Chief, Administrative and Resource Management Division (ARMD) as Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration for CY 2022;
- PLTCOL PERCIVAL R PINEDA, Acting Chief, Investigation and Detection Division (IDD) – Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Operations for CY 2022;
- PCPT MARY JEAN S CUEVAS, Officer-in-Charge, Public Information Office & Police Community Relations Section, Operations Management and Plans Division (OMPD) – Junior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration for CY 2022;
- PCPT TOMAS G BATARAO, JR, Team, Team Leader, Team 4A Luzon Field Unit – Junior Police Commissioned Officer for Operations for CY 2022;
- PCMS Marivic E Balaba, Chief Clerk, Administrative and Resource Management Division (ARMD) -Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration for CY 2022;
- PCMS Mark Lester B Marzo, Intel Operative, Counter Intelligence Division (CID) – Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operations for CY 2022;
- Pat Divine Grace M Hifarva, Action PNCO, Morale and Welfare Section, ARMD – Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration for CY 2022; and
- Pat Glenny May L Glindro, Intel Operative, Counter Intelligence Division (CID) – Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operations for CY 2022.
Further, Special awardees were:
- PLTCOL D’ARTAGNAN D KATALBAS, JR, Acting Chief, Legal Division former OIC, National Capital Region Field Unit (NCRFU) (CY 2022) – Best Field Unit Chief for CY 2022;
- PMAJ JORDEN V GUTAY, Team Leader, Team 5 Luzon Field Unit – Best Field Unit Team Leader for CY 2022;
- PCPT DANNIEMAR B RAPIZ, Team Leader, Team QC, National Capital Region Field Unit – Best PCO in the Field of Counter-Intelligence for CY 2022;
- PSSg Pete Anthony S Dominguez, Intel Operative, Team 5, Luzon Field Unit – Best PNCO in the Field of Counter- Intelligence for CY 2022;
- PCPT ISABEL B CABOTAGE, Officer-in-Charge, Investigation Section, Investigation and Detection Division – Best PCO in the Field of Investigation for CY 2022;
- PSSg Harold Y Alcantara, Investigator, Team 5 Luzon Field Unit – Best PNCO in the Field of Investigation for CY 2022;
- PCPT CLEOBEL FRANCES G CASING, Officer-in-Charge, Plans and Programs Section, Operations Management and Plans Division – Best PCO in the Field of Police Community Relations for CY 2022; and
- PCpl Princess V Absolor, Action PNCO, PIO and PCR Section, Operations Management and Plans Division (OMPD) – Best Police Non-Commissioned Officer in the Field of Police Community Relations for CY 2022.
Likewise, Unit awardees were:
- Best Field Unit- Luzon Field Unit and the award were received by PLTCOL JOSEPH A FAJARDO, JR, OIC, Luzon Field Unit (LFU) for CY 2022;
- Best Field Unit Team- Team Northern, National Capital Region Field Unit (NCRFU) and the award was received by PCPT ROWELL M DULAY, Team Leader for CY 2022;
- Special Award for the Campaign Against Wanted Persons for CY 2022 the award was received by PLTCOL EIDYL CHRISTIAN P PALMON, Asst Chief, National Capital Region (NCRFU); and
- Special Award for Police Community Relations (PCR) and KASIMBAYANAN Champion- Visayas Field Unit and the award were received by PLTCOL ALDRIN L ABILA, OIC, Visayas Field Unit (VFU) for CY 2022.
The organizations and stakeholders who greatly contributed to the success of the Group’s mandated tasks were also awarded:
- Hon. Allan A. Abonio, Chairman, Barangay Calawis in Antipolo Rizal;
- Mr. Richard Hart Paragas of the Federation of the Philippine Industries;
- Mr. Vernon Chua, Regional Sales manager, Luzon Area of LT Group Inc;
- Mrs. Florie G. Gabitan, Radio Commentator, DWBL KHZ Kaagapay;
- Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary Executive Squadron, and the award were received by Rear Admiral Eugene Ong and Rear Admiral Jimmy P Cheng;
- Mr. Noel P. Abadilla of the Eastridge Shooters Club Inc;
- Mr. Casimiro F. Villarosa, Jr, Vice-Chairman, Amazing Show;
- Atty. Olivia L. Torrevillas Senior Assistant Prosecutor of the Department of Justice;
- WB Isaac L. Puno Sr. Masonic Lodge No.401 and the award were received by WM. PLTCOL JUBARI V ASDANI, JR;
- Beta Sigma Fraternity and the award were received by Mr. Nathex U. Iwuanyanwu, Member/Former President of Beta Sigma Fraternity;
- Public Safety Savings and Loan Association, Inc. (PSSLAI) and the award were received by Mr. Ulysses T. Dimitui, Branch Manager, PSSLAI, Camp Crame Branch;
- Motorcycle Organization for Peace and Security (MCOPS) and the award were received by Ms. Moneth M. Balgos, National Director, MCOPS;
- Pasig City Anti-Motorcycle Riding Suspect Patrol (PCAMP) and the award were received by Mr. Dave G. Danugrao, PCAMP, Chairman
- PNP-IMEG Advisory Group chaired by Mr. Jesus P. Martinez;
- Mr. Alfred P. Dalizon, Vice-Chairperson (External)/Media Sector;
- Mr. Marcelo DC Torres, Vice-Chairperson (Internal)/Business Sector;
- Mr. Mark Gene D. Makalalad, Secretary/Media Sector;
- Rev. Fr. Lino N. De Castro, Auditor/Religious Sector;
- Atty. Jonie C. Caroche-Vestido, Treasurer/Women Sector;
- Mr. Alex N. Sevilla, Member/NGO Sector;
- Mr. Jonathan P. Yu, Member/Business Sector; and
- Pastor Cirilo A. Sazon+, Former Member, IMEG, AG/Religious Sector and the award were received by his daughter Mr. Jezreel Sazon.
And for the first time, PNP IMEG also recognized through the conferment of the “Integrity Award” to the PNP personnel from other Police Units who have gone above and beyond the call of duty and exhibited integrity while carrying out their respective regular police duties. The said award is IMEG’s version of the PNP Good Deeds except that the emphasis is on recognizing the dedication and integrity or honesty of PNP personnel. The first batch of recipients of the said award are the following:
- PSSg Christian Ureta of Police Regional Office 6 who returned a recovered wallet with cash amounting to €4,570 (PhP268,121.00) to the owner Mr. Ulrich Karl, a Swiss Citizen;
- PSSg Nathaniel Justiniani and Pat Neil Jun Navarro of Police Regional Office 10, while serving as area security, recovered and promptly sought means to contact with the owner of the wallet, which contained valid IDs, ATMs, cash, and dollar bills worth at least Php1,200,000.00. The aforementioned personnel traced down the owner (name withheld for privacy and security purposes) without delay and successfully returned the lost and found items; and
- Pat Hever Caspe and Pat Mark Leonard Arcilla, from the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) while arresting two Chinese nationals in an entrapment operation, outrightly turned down the bribe offered by the said suspects worth PhP182,000.00 in exchange for their release.
In his message, the Chief, PNP thru the Acting Deputy Chief PNP for Operations said that as the PNP leadership move to restructure the PNP IMEG, the PNP are also focusing its priorities towards the promise of a strengthened internal cleansing in the PNP. “I again warned those police personnel who continue to nurture criminal intent in their minds to immediately stop their acts and be properly guided or face dire consequences of their actions.” PGEN RODOLFO S AZURIN, JR thru PMGEN JONNEL C ESTOMO added.